TEN TV SHOWS TO BINGE WATCH ON NETFLIX AND IMPRESS YOUR FRIENDS WITH
With the rise of Netflix, the way in which we watch TV shows has changed. No longer must we await the weekly release of a new episode of a show we are watching. Now, we can watch as many episodes of the show as our free time can hold. Bleary-eyed, the next morning, we tell our friends, family or co-workers that, yes, we had stayed up late, but such and such a show was worth it. Our viewing now 'spans the globe' as they use to say on Wide World of Sports. And so here is our list of ten Netflix TV shows that should carry a warning label: BEWARE, THESE SHOWS CAN BE DANGEROUS TO YOUR SLEEP AND CAN BECOME ADDICTIVE.
1. RITA - 4 SEASONS OF 8 EPISODES EACH ABOUT 40 MIN LONG SUBTITLES
A Swedish school teacher has both personal and professional problems, but she is the teacher you wished you had. No guns, no chases - just a good TV show about life, you know, the stuff that happens while you're busy making plans.
2. HOUSE OF CARDS - 3 SEASONS OF 4 EPISODES EACH ABOUT 50 MIN LONG BRITISH
A leader of the conservative party decides to become the prime minister by any means necessary. This is the show that the Netflix HOC is based on - but is so much better than its offspring.
3. MONEY HEIST - 2 SEASONS OF 9 AND 10 EPISODES EACH ABOUT 45 MIN LONG SUBTITLES
A group of criminals in Spain is gathered by a "professor' to pull off the heist of a lifetime - from the Spanish Mint. Of course, things go wrong and, so, we have drama!
4. THE FALL - 3 SEASONS OF 6 EPISODES EACH 60 MIN LONG BRITISH
Gillian Anderson and James Dorman give us 100 shades of creepy in this crime drama about - what else, a serial killer. But this is one of the best of that genre.
5. BABYLON BERLIN - 1 SEASON OF 16 EPISODES EACH ABOUT 50 MIN LONG SUBTITLES
Germany, 1929. A new cop in town is breaking up the old gang, but we know what it all leads to - and it ain't good. This is one hellava show and even the music is addictive.
6. MINDHUNTER - 1 SEASON OF 10 EPISODES EACH ABOUT 50 MINUTES
The FBI, 1977, and a new kind of killer is out there. The FBI has to adapt and figure out how to catch killers who are smarter than your average nuclear physicist..
7. SUBURRA, BLOOD ON ROME - 1 SEASON OF 8 EPISODES EACH ABOUT 45 MINUTES SUBTITLES
The Mob is fighting to control the port of Rome and the casino planned for the area.
8. MARSEILLE - 2 SEASONS OF 8 EPISODES EACH ABOUT 40 MINUTES SUBTITLES
The story of modern urban problems set in southern France starring Gerard Depardieu
9. EPISODES - 5 SEASONS OF 7 EPISODES EACH ABOUT 30 MINUTES
A British couple bring their hit British TV show to Hollywood and changes are made - to the show and to the them.
10. AND NOW THIS IS YOUR CHANCE TO TELL US ABOUT THE NETFLIX SHOW WORTHY OF BINGE WATCHING. GIVE US OUR TENTH SHOW.